Saturday, October 13, 2012

Phillipians 4:7

"The peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your thoughts in Christ Jesus"- Phillipians 4:7


This month, October is not only breast cancer awareness month, it is pregnancy and infant loss awareness month. Amazing the things you become aware of when they hit close to home. I'm not sure if it is, that it has been 6 months since Olivia's lifeless entry into this fallen world, or if it is the fact that I am more aware than ever how many families in this country and across the world have suffered losses' like we have, but this has been a rough month so far.
The more often I share with strangers, my story, I enter into the reality of truly how many people have also had stillborns. I honestly can say, I never would have imagined how many people have and will face this hearbreak until I've had to face it myself. There is a statistic that I recently came across (in one of my many internet searches for finding other sources of support), that says, for each minute a life is lost to miscarriage and for every 20 minutes, a woman delivers a stillborn, just in the United States alone. That is huge and heart wrenching. I've often wondered, since losing Olivia, why something so supposedly natural can be so difficult and, according to statistics and my knew found knowledge, heartbreaking for way too many people.
Whenever I hear of yet another similar story I find myself praying that they have the peace, that only God can provide under such circumstances. I surely can not imagine facing day in and day out without it.


Here's the sweet angel we are remembering through this month, and everyday. We love you sweet girl.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could have held her. I love her and know no one more precious than she. Aunt Ruth

    ReplyDelete