Sunday, October 21, 2012

Proverbs 29:17

"Discipline your son, and he will give you peace; he will bring delight to your soul."- Proverbs 29:17

Today I received peace from God through my son, Cole. He said his sister's name for the very first time, out of the blue while we were out shopping. For anyone who knows Cole, he has an amazing ability with words. His vocabulary is far beyond where is the "norm" for his age. Very clear to me, I heard him say "Olivia" and was completely touched. He was in a shopping cart, we were playing little games so I could continue looking for what we were at the store to get, yet distract him also. He grabbed at my neck, caught ahold of my necklace (a locket with Olivia's picture) and said very knowingly "Olivia". It pleased me to know he knows of his sister. It is very important to me that he knows who she is.
He even repeated it tonight when I was telling Isaac about it. It is a blessing to a bereaved mother's ears.

"My heart rejoices in the Lord; in the Lord my horn is lifted high. My mouth boasts over my enemies, for I delight in your deliverance." 1 Samuel 2:1

No comments:

Post a Comment