Sunday, December 9, 2012

John 16:22

So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy." - John 16:22

It has been awhile since I have written in this blog. I am drawn to do it today because I have really been struggling this holiday season to be filled with the joy that only the Holy Spirit can provide.
Thanksgiving came and went. I woke up in a miserable, grumpy mood that day. Somehow I muttled through it. I am now anticipating the same for Christmas. Everyday is different, but in shopping, putting up the tree, taking Cole to see Santa, reading him the Christmas Story and listening to Christmas music there is just this empty feeling, a feeling of, you got it, missing someone, someone who should be with us too.
Holidays are about family, giving and Jesus. I am trying to focus my mind on these areas more than ever. I am grateful for my small family of Isaac and Cole, but missing a very special little girl who would be eight months old. I find myself paying more attention to the store cashiers when they say "would you like to donate to such and such?" In the past I would just quickly say "no thank you", now if it has anything to do with children I say "yes!". It is my hope that I can instill a giving spirit into Cole. I look forward to the day that our small family can go on a missions trip together to help people who really need it. I am so thankful for the passion the Lord has given my friend Lindsay since she learned of our loss of Olivia. In the spring she will be going to Haiti to serve at an orphanage. It makes me happy to know the short life of my little girl has led the Lord to work in others' who are so close and special to me.
Winter months can be a very long, dark time for a lot of people. I find that when I'm really down, doing something for somebody else can really help. So join me this Christmas season to set your sights on those who might really have needs this holiday season.

Praying for a Merry Christmas for my family and friends and of course a spirit of joy in my own heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment