Saturday, May 12, 2012

Romans 8:28

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose"   Romans 8:28

Yet again today, I've learned of another woman's story. I'm overwhelmed by all of these (far too many) stories. I hurt for myself and my family, but with each story I hear, I hurt for these women and their family's. I also feel a connection to them, whether it was they themself who told me of their experience or through someone else (and please do keep the stories coming).
 I will never understand why I've been handed this struggle, but I know for sure it has changed my worldview. Now, I find that whether I'm in a store, doctor's office or sitting at a stop light I think about the people I'm around and wonder what he/she might have been through in his/her life or what he/she may be about to face. I've always known that not everyone's life is perfect, but I have a whole new understanding of this. When I see women with or without kids, I wonder if she too has an angel in heaven.
 It is far too easy to only think of oneself or one's own family in the culture we live in and move through life with this perspective. I know it is God who has changed me. I do not like the sadness I now have in my life or the emptyness I feel, but I am determined to be more aware of those around me and make my daughter proud of her mama as she looks down on me (afterall, how many moms can say they have their kids with them at ALL times)- I love you Olivia Taylor.

No comments:

Post a Comment